Tuesday 3 July 2012

Gratitude list.

This one is a bit more personal, but wanted to share it in the hope it might inspire others.  I have been thinking a lot recently about how I react to things, how my behaviours affect my day and my mood and therefore my ability to enjoy life!

I have also been doing a lot of reading on spirituality and gone back into Brandon Bays 'journey work' and even something my wee cousin said to me years ago keeps popping in my head "I'm good at seeing whats NOT , and ignore what IS (good in my life)".  So did a wee google search to see what came up on the old gratitude thing.. and this blog is lovely! http://www.thechangeblog.com/gratitude/

i did a sizable list that took me over 3 hours over 2 nights (and I'm a touch typist!). decided to not share it all, but just give some edited highlights in the hope that it inspires other to do their own.
WHY should you do it?
I can only speak for me, but in the 4 days since I started this process I have been generally much more contented, more able to step out of whats going on at the minute and be able to distance myself from it long enough to be able to deal more rationally and less emotionally, and that's only 4 days..
my plan.
is to every morning, soon as I wake, thank the 'universe' for 3 things that I am grateful for, and that way it'll help me stay in a more contented place and not slip into 'the what I've not got' thing that I'm so good at!.
My list included things like..
the weather (esp the rain in Glasgow) cos it keeps us in the lovely green place
for being born in a time when i have the opportunity to do things like degrees, living in south Korea
family for supporting me
friends for loving me for exactly who i am
my body for tolerating the years of abuse its had thrown at it.
for having the opportunity to learn so much every day
so go on, be inspired to write your own.. and feel free to comment at the bottom with some of yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment